Monday 30 November 2009

Hard Day's Night



John, Ringo, Paul and George, just for the record.

Back soon with a longer blog. Meanwhile, here's a little something which should amuse/give pause for thought to all those historians and researchers and archaeologists out there, oh how fallible we are, and thanks should go the wonders of Twitter for drawing this to my attention:

Beatles 3000



Ah yes.

History is more or less bunk. It's tradition. We don't want tradition. We want to live in the present and the only history that is worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today.

Henry Ford, Interview in Chicago Tribune, May 25th, 1916


Paul McCartney once winked and said "Hello"  to me, John Lennon stood on my hand... and I still have my well worn copy of Love Me Do, one of the first 45 rpm records I ever bought.  Surely soon, I will be recognised as the repository of so much wisdom and information I will be able to relate all these memories as a National Living Treasure on obscure telly progs watched only by geeks like me and readers of this tiny corner of cyberspace? Programme makers for the Open University, where are you?

Nem

1 comment:

Liverpool Preservation Trust said...

And Four Years after the Unesco World Heritage Inscription making Liverpool a World Heritage Site.
Commenters are already wondering just what happened to the Fab Four...of Architectural Gems at Liverpools Pier Head The Port Of Liverpool Building Cunard Building, The Liver Building and Herbert Rowses Ventilating Shaft.

http://liverpoolpreservationtrust.blogspot.com/search/label/World%20Heritage%20Site