Sunday 22 February 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today's a very special blog as it's Nem's mother's 88th birthday.

Nem's ma had a stroke at the beginning of January, and is currently staying in a residential home to recuperate.

Nevertheless, she is to be treated to a bottle of pink fizz, a cake with candles to share with other residents (although no, not 88) made by my own fair hands, and a posh lunch in a historic building. Following that, I suspect more pink fizz. Hic.

I have avoided writing too much on the cake and stuck to her name, Joan. The first time I made her a birthday cake I was a very young Nem and proudly baked and iced it, then with the icing tube and pink icing wrote 'Happy Birtday'.
Not quite Owl, who famously wrote, "HIPY PAPY BTHUTHDTH THUTHDA BTHUTHDY."

So here it is, spelt propa:
Happy Birthday To You.
And congratulations on last week becoming a great grandmother.













Nem

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh Happy Birthday Joan!

Same date as my daughter Victoria who was 25 yesterday. As I am 50 next month it is rather special as it is exactly double.

Carole xxxxxxxx

Nemesis said...

Well, happy birthday all round!

xxxxx